Highly Skilled Cloud Engineer
A cutting edge IT company with dynamic management that have over 20+ years of IT experience. We are based in Brisbane and service customers throughout SE QLD. We are focussed on the SME sector and are a highly ethical company who delivers exceptional customer service. There are no poor performers in our teams; everyone is technically skilled, excellent at communication, and great to work with.
You are a very experienced Microsoft Server Engineer with such a solid grounding in PCs, networks and Servers, that most request are not a challenge for you. However, you thrive on quickly finding answers to difficult problems and appreciate that all of these challenges constantly add to your skill set. You have probably worked for unappreciative or disorganised IT firms before and you’re looking for an excellent work environment, respect in your workplace, an elite team to work with and a large degree of autonomy in technical work and client management.
You have relevant, recent employment with AT LEAST advanced technical skills in the following (this is not negotiable);
- Some experience deploying systems into a Cloud provider such as AWS, Windows Azure orOffice 365.
- Experience deploying applications onto Windows Server Remote Desktop Services or Citrix.
- The ability to consult with clients to understand their current systems and the issues they need to resolve.
- The ability to create a high level design that documents how customer systems are architected in a Cloud environment.
- The ability to work with other technology service providers so that appropriate solutions can be delivered for the customer.
- Installation and administration experience with several versions of Windows Server.
- The ability to migrate Exchange mailboxes into Office365.
- An understanding of Network technologies including LAN, WAN & VPNs.
You also have at least the following qualities and skills
- The ability to consult with non-technical people (clients) and be able to convey the essence of technical problems and have confidence in your ability to deliver resolutions.
- A drivers license with a reliable vehicle and live in Brisbane.
- Honest and good work ethic.
- At least one industry certification or university qualification (degree, AWS, MCP, MCSE, CCNA, etc)
About the Role
After a period of familiarisation and load-testing (1-3 months depending on how quickly you can gain our confidence), you will be entrusted with your own customers. These clients will typically have 20 - 100 PC networks with multiple Microsoft Windows Servers. As their primary point of contact, you will be responsible for all technical work required to migrate their systems into one of our Cloud providers.
You have the daily ongoing support of your Manager and our partners who will assist as required to ensure that your client base has all its needs met. We prefer to have you working on more complex issues as often as possible, but there will be a significant range of tasks, as per the list of essential skills in this position description.
This is a contract role and remuneration is based on billable customer hours. Details of the contract will be provided to applicants who meet the initial criteria.
This is a skilled position. Please do not apply if you do not satisfy every one of the above requirements; you will not gain an interview. Furthermore, there will be specific verbal questions and a written test during the interview, to ascertain that you do have the skills you claim to have, so you will not be able to “fudge’ your way through. If you have the critical skills described, you will breeze through.
If you think you do fit the bill, complete the form below. Please do not call us as we will contact you if your written submissions appear to meet our criteria.