Protecting your privacy
We are committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy.
Set out below is information that we are required to communicate to our customers. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
SkyCrystal is a Cloud Service Integrator that is partnered with Tier A Cloud Providers to ensure your data is kept safe, secure and available at all times.
Your personal information
Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and your SkyCrystal account, username or password. We also hold details of your SkyCrystal services (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information – contact us.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our website;
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your personal information';
- from our own records of how you use your SkyCrystal services;
- when you visit our website.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we and our partners can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please contact us.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of SkyCrystal. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- cloud hosting services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our partners;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunication and cloud service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes); and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Overseas Service Providers
SkyCrystal use and/or re-sell the services provided by overseas service providers to perform the following services;
- Web hosting
- Email hosting
- Cloud hosting
- Data Communications
While SkyCrystal will allow customer data to be used to provide a service we do not disclose customer data to overseas service providers.
An example of how customer data is used to provide a service would include the transmission of customer contact details from the contact us online form. As the SkyCrystal website is hosted overseas then then this customer contact data must pass through overseas hosted web servers and be transmitted via overseas data communication links.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us.
SkyCrystal Privacy Statement March 2014
SkyCrystal Pty Ltd