Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions – Sale of Goods
1. Refund/Exchange: Please choose carefully, as we do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong selection. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty.
2. Returned Goods: All goods returned must be returned in saleable condition with original packaging intact, together with all user manuals & software (where applicable).
3. Faulty Goods: Goods returned as faulty which are found to be in proper working condition may incur a 15% restocking fee.
4. Cancelled Orders: Confirmed orders which are subsequently cancelled, may incur a 15% restocking or administration fee.
5. Payment Terms: All sales of goods are strictly on a C.O.D. basis, unless prior arrangements have been made.
6. Limit of Liability: SkyCrystal accepts no responsibility for loss of data, consequential loss, loss of profits or damages as a result of equipment failure, under any circumstances whatsoever.
7. Title of Goods: The title in any goods supplied by SkyCrystal (the seller), shall not pass to the purchaser until payment is received in full. The purchaser agrees to reimburse the seller for all direct and indirect costs associated with delay or failure of payment.
8. Standard Warranty: Warranty on all components, systems and peripherals is based on a like for like replacement, for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase (subject to the warranty exclusions below), except where (a) manufacturers’ warranty is less than 12 months, or (b) “Extended On-site Hardware and Labour Warranty” has been purchased. Second hand/used systems, components and peripherals carry a 30 day warranty only.
9. Extended Warranty: Additional terms and conditions apply to goods covered by our ‘Extended On-site Hardware and Labour Warranty’. These terms and conditions are available on request.
10. Peripheral Warranty: Warranty on peripheral items such as monitors, printers, scanners, hubs, routers, modems, etc, are carried out by the relevant peripheral manufacturer. SkyCrystal does not have in-house expertise to repair such items, nor do we provide loan equipment for the duration of such repairs. All warranty claims must be lodged directly through the equipment manufacturer.
Warranty exclusions -
(a) Warranty Void: Warranty on systems, components and peripherals will be void or not covered where:
- Warranty stickers or similar have been removed or tampered with.
- Goods are found physically damaged.
- Faults caused by factors other than component defects eg. negligence, misuse, or unauthorised access to unit.
- Damage results from relocation, power surges, electrical storms, floods, excessive dust, dirt or corrosion.
- By unauthorised modification, improper installation or operation, tampering or attempted repair by unauthorised person.
- By use of non-original and/or recommended parts or consumables.
(b) Return to Base & Proof of Purchase: Warranty on goods sold does not include home, office or on-site visits, nor freight or transport charges, unless “Extended On-site Hardware and Labour Warranty” has been purchased. On-site service work will be provided for a fee, if required. All items requiring repair under warranty must be returned to the SkyCrystal location of purchase together with proof of purchase to avoid repair charges.
(c) Software Problems: Software problems of any nature what-so-ever, are not covered by warranty. This includes suitability, problems or consequential loss resulting from computer virus, software conflicts or operating system corruption.
(d) Consequential Labour: Consequential labour refers to any work performed over and above replacing faulty hardware component/s, such as reloading software and/or recovering user data after a hard disk crash. The cost of such consequential labour is born exclusively by the customer.
Terms and conditions – Provision of Service
SkyCrystal agrees to provide computer and network related services pursuant to the following terms and conditions:
1. Rates: SkyCrystal provides computer related services on a “time and materials” basis. An hourly rate will apply at the prevailing rate, billed in increments of 15 minutes, (with a minimum charge of 30 minutes per job). A call out fee will apply for work carried out on site and additional travel charges may also apply where the customer site is greater than 25 kms from a SkyCrystal office.
2. Business Hours: Standard business hours are 9:00am – 5:30pm Mon – Fri (excluding public holidays).
3. Work Guarantee: SkyCrystal guarantees all work for a period of 7 days (the “Guarantee Period”), from the date the work was carried out. Any identical or related issue which re-emerge, must be communicated to SkyCrystal within the Guarantee Period to have the matter fixed free of charge. This work guarantee does not cover unrelated matters, nor does it extend to matters brought to our attention after the Guarantee Period has expired.
4. Sign Off: SkyCrystal will provide a “Client Service Report” detailing all work carried out upon job completion for client sign off purposes.
5. Payment Terms: All work carried out must be paid for upon satisfactory completion of job (ie C.O.D.), unless prior arrangements have been made.
6. Limit of Liability: SkyCrystal accepts no responsibility for loss of data, consequential loss, loss of profits or damages as a result of any work carried out, under any circumstances whatsoever.
7. Remote Support: Provision of either telephone or remote support is based on the following fee structure - $20 (inc GST) per 10 minute block or part thereof.